Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brisbane part 2

Here are a few pictures I couldn't help but post of Dallin.  The minivan we rented in Brisbane had these trays that flipped out kinda like the airplane and Dallin and Whitney thought it was so cool.  But I didn't know it would end up being a foot rest for a VERY tired boy!
Dallin has always LOVED babies, and loves to help when he can with them.  So he was so excited to get to feed baby Madelyn.


Mt. Tambourine

The following are pictures from our hike at Mt. Tambourine.  As you will see from some of the photos below there were some huge tree trunks, and roots on our hike!




In this picture you can see "some guy" close to the edge.  When we were at the look out spot Dan said to me "look at that idiot standing on the edge", I realized after taking a harder look it was his brother, so my response to him was "ummm honey-that idiot is your brother!"  We had a pretty good laugh about that one.  David and Jane had snuck off from the group a few minutes before to try to see where "another trail led".





Off to Cairns!!

We had had a great time in Brisbane but it was time to head off to Cairns!  Here we wait at the airport again!

Excited to be on our way! Great Barrier Reef here we come!!!



More on our Cairns and Port Douglas trip tomorrow!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those trees were pretty neat. I have to admit I am looking forward to the reef pictures soon.

Kevin and Sheri said...

Thank you for letting me into your blog. I've already checked the picasso pictures. Now we will know what to see when we take a trip to Cairns. It really is beautiful. Thanks for being my friend in Australia and beyond. Love, Sister Mertin(aka Sheri)